Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘Stash Project’

The fabrics for my Bears in the Art Museum quilt top are all from stash, but I didn’t have a nice backing, so I just had to buy some fabric this week.   My husband helped me choose this fabric.  It feels very soft and luxurious, and I think it will look pretty.  It’s called “Imprints,” designed for the Balson Hercules Group.

bears-backing-fabric

I also started working on Judy Laquidara’s new stash project.  She is doing her quilt in bright colours, but she said we could use any colours we like.  Mine is going to be all blue and yellow.  I’ve been dreaming of ways to use my collection of blues and yellows together, and this pattern will be perfect.  I have finished 16 Flying Geese blocks already.  Judy recommended Patti Anderson’s method for No-Waste Flying Geese, and I think it is brilliant and so easy to do.

blue-yellow-stash-project

Since it’s time for the Weekly Stash Report, I’ve also been thinking about ways of reporting stash usage.  I’ve changed my mind again about how and when to count fabric used.  I think Judy Laquidara’s method is really the most sensible for me (actually counting it when I use it — otherwise I will forget), so I am going to count my Bears fabric in this week’s stash report.  That will bring my totals for Week 16 to:

  • Bought         6 yds
  • Used            8.5 yds
  • YTD Bought    16.75 yds
  • YTD Used        76 yds

Happy Sewing!

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

I have many irons in the fire this week.

Quilt as You Go blocks for Jan’s Australian Bush Fire quilt project:

qayg1

qayg2

Jan has a two-part tutorial on how to make these blocks with strings and scrap pieces of batting: (more…)

Read Full Post »

Judy L. has posted the next step for the Stash Project, and I got my fabrics paired up with their partners just in time to keep up the suspense!  It’s such a cute pattern, perfect for donation quilts.   And it has setting triangles!  I have been wanting to (more…)

Read Full Post »