Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘velcro’

Our weatherman says the UK is suffering the fiercest winter we’ve had in 30 years.  I believe it.  We’ve had snow on the ground since December 17, with more snow falling several times a week, and it’s only now starting to thaw.

Our front hall is always freezing cold.  It has a metal door (those are magnets stuck on) and double-paned glass, but in weather like this, it’s just not enough insulation.  I don’t know why, but it took me all these years to finally think of a solution!  😉

This beautiful fabric is a perfect match to the Amethyst Cream paint in our hall.  It’s called Almost Paradise Batiks and was designed by Ro Gregg for Northcott Fabrics.  I don’t know how old it is — it’s been in my stash for many years.

I made one panel the width of fabric and lined it with plain cream-coloured muslin.  To save time, I machine stitched the hem.  This is more of a utility curtain than for beauty, although I did want it to look nice.

I made it long enough to cover the mail slot since cold air can blow through there, too.

And here it is, all finished!  It’s attached with velcro strips at the top of the door and the top of the curtain so it can be removed in the daytime and nice weather.

I used three yards of fabric for this project — 54 inches each of print and lining.

The postman also brought me one last package of fabric that I had mail-ordered two weeks ago — 2 yards of cream background for the Challenge quilt I am working on.  That brings my totals for Week 3 to:

Bought this week:  2 yards
Bought year-to-date:  9.75 yards
Used this week:  3 yards
Used (net):  -6.75 yards

To see how others are doing with their Stash Reports, please visit Judy’s blog, Patchwork Times.

Happy Quilting!

Advertisements

Read Full Post »